Tuesday, June 15, 2010

'Cause the World Really Needs One More Blog

Hi!

So, pretty much anyone who is reading this right now knows me (hi mom). Maybe someday this will spread to people who don't know me. . . or at least aren't biologically obligated to love me (still hi mom). That being the case, lemme explain what it is I think I'm doing, polluting the E-tmosphere with yet another useless blog from another self-important young adult.

Basically, I like to write. I won't say "I'm a writer," because I haven't produced the quantity or quality of work to do so. However, I have been writing for almost as long as I can remember - and before that, I was telling myself stories and making up games to play in daycare.

I guess I have some aptitude for it. The writing/story telling. I'm way to old to be telling the other kids how to play in daycare. . . according to a handful of people who love me (and one English Professor from college) I have a talent for this and they think I should be writing more.


On a related note, I've had several suggestions about how to get more writing in, how to expand myself as an artist, etc. One of the top ones was "start a blog."

So here I am, obediently doing so. At first I was really nervous about this. Who is going to read this thing? What am I going to say? Should I be aiming this towards family and friends who are far away and want updates about my life? Or towards a general public that doesn't care about half the details aunties and long-distance-best-friends do?

You know what I finally decided? It doesn't matter. I have a built in audience of one (I love you mom). I pretty much always have something to say. And most importantly, I'm doing this because it's something I love to do. And that's what it's all about.







That, or maybe the hokey pokey.

1 comment:

  1. Well I read it and enjoyed it :) Keep writing! You are lovely Young Lady with the ability to make a difference each and every day that you get up. So keep making people smile. You helped my four children enjoy the nutcracker and gave them a great experience that they can take with them anywhere that they mayb go! May God continue to Bless you and heal you as the summer goes on! Love the Capeners

    ReplyDelete