Friday, June 18, 2010

Goals Are When Dreams Put On Work Clothes

Hello again, to all my friends, I'm glad you came to play. . .

The title of today's blog is from a poster that used to hang in the hallway of my dad's dojo/my mother's daycare (if you're new to my blog. . . or you know, my life, and have no idea what I'm referencing, it's cool. I'm sure I'll get around to explaining it. For now just know they were two separate entities and no children were harmed in the making of this blog.) The poster was of the "25 Most Inspiring Quotes" variety, and included many cheesy motivational lines. The reason why I titled today's post after one such line was because today's blog is about goals.

Make that "Goals." The capital "G" is important. It's also about Motivation. Goals and Motivation and Productivity.

Essentially, I have a To Do List for this summer, chalk full of goals I'd like to achieve. I'm not sure why I decided to post this list up here. Maybe it's because writing it formally makes me feel more organized, and this is supposed to be an outlet for any writing I do. Maybe because there's a chance someone might read this aside from my mom - which makes me feel more accountable (not that I don't feel accountable to Mom. It's just that she's probably already heard me whine about everything on the List for weeks now). Maybe it's even because I like the idea that it will always be here, somewhere in cyberspace forever. There is no escaping these are the thing I needed to do, and I knew it.

So, here's the list.


GOALS ARE WHEN DREAMS PUT ON WORK CLOTHES
1.) Get Back In Shape
a.) loose weight from fat and sloth
b.) put the tone back where it belongs
2.) Read 6 books (not including the ones I already finished)
3.) Figure out how I'm funding sophomore year of college
4.) On that note, how about finding a job for a one-armed wonder?
5.) DANCE again
6.) Choreograph at least one piece
7.) Complete two short stories from my collection
8.) Blog at least twice a week
9.) Organize my room and my stuff
10.) Keep a plant alive.
11.) Buy new clothes, this is getting ridiculous!


Until next time, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment