It has been two weeks since I blogged. I have no idea how I let things get so out of hand! But I'm back now, and I intend to be more pulled together in the future.
For now, a run-down of my last two weeks.
* I've begun teaching martial arts again. Twice a week to a small group of pre/early teen boys. This is kind of a big deal, as a year ago I was convinced I'd never ever set foot in a dojo again. More on that in another post.
* I gave myself a mild concussion. By falling over - totally sober - in a bathroom and banging my head on the corner of a metal toilet paper dispenser. How did I manage that one? I was at a pool, the floor was wet, I was trying to wiggle out of my swimshorts and into a pair of pants. . . the rest is history (history that I don't clearly remember, to be honest)
* I remembered how much I love children. Teaching them, playing with them, chasing after them, hugging them. . . interacting with kids is one of the things I've missed this year, one of the only holes in my freshmen experience.
* I found out that my friend was able to secure the costume that I really, really, REALLY wanted to wear for Carnival. Carnival in Trinidad and Tobago. Where I am going to be for Spring Break. Spring Break 2011, which is this coming year, and which I will be spending in Trinidad & Tobago.
I'm effing PUMPED. And the costume is so beautiful! It will need it's own post to describe and fawn over . . .
* Today is my 1st Anniversary. And Boyfriend has done a pretty solid job! Delicious lunch out, lots of happiness over my gift (fake or otherwise, he pulled it off well!), wandering around Border's, a stack of books, Coldstone's, and later we're watching the movie we went to see in theater's on our "first" date.
*I've engaged in lots and lots of arguing over my school bill. . . well, I've engaged in lots and lots of being ignored while arguing about my school bill. I'm trying to make them understand that I'm not paying for their health insurance, since I have my own. Just like I had last year. Thus, I also do not owe them a late fee on a bill that is not in fact mine, for services not yet rendered and entirely unnecessary.
* I've begun my new job, the one mentioned in the post "Happiness." While the work itself is enjoyable and my employers are incredible people, it has been a frustrating experience at times. There truly is a technology gap between generations! Having to ease them into the idea of a flashdrive and teach them not to call Facebook "Facepage" has been quite the job!
* I've thought lots and lots about blogging, and not quite gotten to it!
I apologize for how boring this post is and promise far more entertaining ones to follow soon. . . mayeb even tonight.