Sunday, December 19, 2010

Visions of Sugar Plums

This is a post of things that make me happy.  Tonight I found lots of things to be thankful for, and I wanted to share some of what has made me smile in the last 24 hours!

This song: play me!  Some people may be sick of the song because it's so over-used in advertising around the holidays.  I don't think it's possible to have seen a quality ballerina dance the Sugar Plum Fairy's solo, however, and not have a weakness for this piece.  Especially if you are, were, or have ever spent anytime with a little girl. . .



This picture:


That's right folks, she's all made of snow.

This quote, as I try to figure out my winding road ahead:
Thank you Tolkein!

Making and eating more of these:



Just about everything the Vitamin String Quartet does: be moved by me!

And of course things I don't quite have pictures for and of.  Watching Boyfriend go into Claire's and pick out a sparkly, pink and purple, sequined earring holder for his little sister.  The special sound laughter has when it's over Chinese with people you care about.  Realizing you talk to your mom more often than some people talk to their whole families combined.  Daydreaming of a time and place where you can provide everything your loved ones want, and put it under that tree with a big golden bow.  The supreme comfort that my Faith provides. . . even on a day when I've spent every last penny I've got, I'm reminded I haven't used up everything - you can't simply spend faith away.  It's one of the few things you can help give. . . and never have to let go of!

Is there anything that made you happy in the last day or so?  Would you mind sharing it with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment