Saturday, August 20, 2011

This Picture

 
This picture right here, is why I can't wait to go back to school:
Thats me, backstage at last fall's dramatic production.  The gentleman lifting me is one of my faculty members.  And this is a candid - because this is how we behave backstage.  All of us.  All the time.  

I want to go back to school, because the opportunities are amazing: above, we're all in costume for a performance of "Medea," one of the oldest - arguably the oldest - intact plays from the Western world.  The richness of the material we get to explore is wonderful.  And the "we," is wonderful as well.  In this picture there is a faculty member, a Sophomore Dance Major, and a Freshman Theatre Major and a Freshman Musical Theatre Major.  

But I want to go back because for the silliest, flimsiest, most frivolous reason of all.  Because it's fun.  Yes, I take lots of challenging classes and work very hard and rehearse everyday of the week.  I juggle multiple jobs, and a long distance relationship, and mounds of homework.  But I get to have fun while I'm at it.  

Lots and lots and lots of fun.  I miss all of my "college," friends, and even some of my Professors.  So while I'm quite sad my summer is wrapping up and goodbyes are in the works, I'm excited that my semester is soon beginning and "hellos," are around the corner.  
I have to go begin to pack (an arduous task I assure you).  But I've just stumbled across this photo, so I think I'll be able to do it with a smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment