Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Name?

So what do you all think of the new header?  Did you notice the big change?  Thats right, I bit the bullet and changed the name of this space . . . I think.  The URL will stay the same, because it's based on my name instead of hte blog's name (and it matches up with tumblr, etc.).  I decided the name of the blog needed a change for several reasons.  The first was I got inspired: for my dance composition class, we have to have these thigns called "special holy notebooks," which we are to carry on our person at all times.  These notebooks are for us to jot down our ideas - whatever inspires us, intrigues us, whatever we think is beautiful or interesting.  The idea is that we can later go back and create movement, phrases, dances, even whole concert-length works from our hastily jotted, visceral reactions to the world around us.  It's a pretty cool idea, and one that I'm familiar with not just as a dancer/choreographer but because it's a very common technique for authors.  Even actors do something similar, where they may right down interactions, descriptions, ideas that can help them later as they create new characters.  What I decided to do was buy one of those little index/flashcard things.  You know, the ones that re like mini spiral notebooks?  That way, it would be small enough to fit in my purse and when I filled it up, I could rip out the index cards with ideas I wanted to pursue and recycle the rest.  I was doodling on this "sacred, holy" notebook cover.  I wrote a bunch of words on the front: words like "movement," "imagery," "expression," "freedom," "creativity."  And int he center in purple I wrote "Inspiration."  It became "my place for Inspiration."  which is exactly whay this blog is for me.

It's where I go to vent, to talk, to feel inspired and encouraged.  It's where I like to share art and music and imagery that says something tome (and hopefully others).  It's a conduit for expression and free thinking.  It. too, is a space for inspiration.

What do you think?  Leave me feedback, I always love hearing what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment