Sunday, May 15, 2011

Momix

Last night I got the chance to see Botanica, the newest work by the dance company Momix.  Part modern dance company, part experimental performance troupe, part traveling Cirque Du Soleil, Momix is an incredible spectacle to behold.  I've had the opportunity and pleasure of working with assorted company members through master classes and workshops, and always walk away feeling inspired and refreshed.  To get to see their latest production was so exciting for me!  The tickets were my present from Mum for my 21st birthday back in March.  A perfect gift, no?

Here are some images from an amazing show!

The opening piece: the first thing involved the curtains on the floor billowing like waves.  Eventually the dancers rose out of it, after this giant flower rolled on stage and blossomed.

Somewhere in the middle of the first act.
This is the beginning of Boyfriend's favorite routines.

As she lifted it off of her head.

Beginning to build up speed. 

This dance was incredibly beautiful as she built up speed and traveled the full length of the stage, turning not stop.  Sometimes standing, sometimes on her knees, sometimes in classical western dance form.

This is the beginning of my favorite piece



Beautiful, no?
So many different floral images were projected.

Second favorite piece of the night.

Look closely at her.  Stunning.

There were so, so, so many other pieces and images.  I wish I could share them all with you, but even what Google images shows is more than I can fit in a reasonably sized post!  I hope someday to make art half so brilliant.








No comments:

Post a Comment