Saturday, June 23, 2012

I Think I've Discovered the Problem

That's right, folks. I think I figured it out. THE problem. With me, I mean. My too-many credits, kind of overwhelming personality, scatter brained self. Here it is, in a nutshell:

The two reality TV show I'd most love to be on are So You Think You Can Dance . . . and Master Chef. One is all about aesthetic, fierceness, being fit having a look, lots of heart, and a bit of luck. The other . . . well. Sometimes you just have to fry things in bacon grease. Seriously.

I mean, most gourmet chefs aren't people you want to see running around in leotards or half shirts. And the stereotype of dancers involves celery sticks, water bottles, and obsessively splitting your "meals," in to bite sized bits of apple. Hardly two passions you'd imagine going together. And get every time there is a Mystery Box or challenge on Master Chef, I find myself eagerly whipping together meals in my mind. Likewise, as So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD) airs I am adding extra time into my daily stretches a d wandering around choreographing.

If you look closely, I think there are threads that tie the two worlds together: technique is a must in both, for instance. If you want to be taken seriously by your peers or progress in either field, you must have perfect technique. Passion is a must, as is creativity, the ability to think quickly on your feet, a thick skin for criticism balanced with accepting/applying critiques, and flare.

One thing I'm learning about myself is how important those things are. Anything involving creativity, passion, technique, and a chance to be original is something I truly enjoy. Let the cooking - and pirouetting - begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment