Thursday, July 19, 2012

Kids Say The Darndest Things. . .

Here are a few of the gems from Camp today!  Keep in mind these are all kids between the ages of 4 and 10, with lots of energy and imagination.

"A goon is when you turn green and have to wear overalls." (we had just sung "Little Bunny FooFoo).

"You're a very silly lizard today!" (no idea who the silly lizard was: scared to ask).

"Brown stuff does it.  It makes all the mom's happy - my mom drinks her brown stuff every morning and she's always happy after.  Coach drinks her brown stuff too!" (referring to my decaf tea, which some morning comes to work with me in a little mason jar).

"So you're all grown up huh? Why aren't you as tall as my mommy?" (her mother stands about 5'10.  I am five-foot-one-half-inch-tall-thank-you-kindly).

"Sparkles.  More sparkles!"

"Can I make my hand a peacock?"

"YoHo YoHo YoHo!"  "What are you doing?"  "Being a pirate, I'm gonna sink your booty!"

Somedays, my job really rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment