Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Few Things I Think You Should See.

Hey there!

Aren't you the lucky bunch - I made up for my previous drought with a flood of new things to say.  I've been fidgeting (as I so often do) with this blog: the way it looks, the page elements, what it says, who it includes, etc.  I made a change to the expanded about me section.  That narcissistic page where I get to yatter on all about myself (how exciting).  I realized as I was writing it that I didn't really no how to sum up a person - any person at all.  How would you do it?  What do you think about what I had to say?  Please read the page ( the tab that says Lela and features a big orange flower) and share what you think with me!

Something else I updated was the list of blogs I follow.  It's now called Internet Inspirations (Or Blogs I Love) and has the name and links to some of my favorite bloggers here on blogspot.  Blogs like Is There Any Mommy Out There?  Which is an amazing piece of art about a mother with four kids under five.  And The Wild and Wily Ways of a Brunette Bombshell, where a 20 something writer/actress shares her perspective on Manhattan, her time at Juilliard, what it's like to have an eating disorder, and how being single in the city feels.  All of these amazing authors and the beautiful, vivid stories are worth visiting, I promise!

The last thing I added this evening was a second list of blogs - I know, I know.  But trust me, it's so worth it!  These blogs - Friends & Their Inspiring Words (AKA More Beautiful Blogs) are very dear to me.  They're written by people I know personally, and I love having the chance to connect now matter how far apart we are.  These friends are:

Alivia of Alivia Thinks This.  She's an artist, a humanitarian, a dancer, a teacher, a friend, and one of the kindest hearted people you'll ever meet.  She's traveled to Africa & NYC, lived in Boston & Maine.  She writes eloquently about everything from depression to dancing.

Chelsea of . . . A Life of Passion.  Chelsea is an actress and singer, currently spending part of her time in VA at an intensive voice and acting program.  She won the chance to attend by being nominated for her performance in our school's production of Little Women last fall.  She beat out dozens of other nominees for this chance.

Nicole of Nicole In the Making.  Nicole, Alivia and I all went to college together: the summer after they graduated, Alivia and Nicole (real life best friends!) went to NYC to train with Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater together.  Nicole has been blogging ever since, and her posts always make me smile!

DJ of His Inner Thoughts.  DJ is another friend of mine from school (Sense a theme?  Us performing artists can't get enough attention I tell ya!) who just graduated this past May.  I'm going to miss the stuffing out of him: partnering class, lunch break, backstage, DJ was my go-to guy all year!  I'm so glad I can keep track of his butt now that he's off chasing his dreams!

Jewels of Jewels (What Makes My Life Sparkle).  She's brand spanking new to blogging, and yet another multi-talented performing arts kid.  Did I mention she's also a beauty queen?  Her blog is just developing, but I can't wait to see how she uses this new space as she navigates her senior year (and I figure out how to say ciao! to another beautiful friend!!)

Autumn Rose of The Art of Catching Happiness.  Doesn't her name & her blog's title, together just tell you everything?  She's probably the sweetest person I've ever met in my life.  She just spent the past year working in Disney!  Her blog is the perfect place to go if you want to be reminded of all the world's sweetness.

Sarah Helsinki of Helsinki's Journey to Move to NYC.  One of my best friends.  She's passionate, and quiet.  Hardworking and funny.  She's one of those people who always knows when to send you a text that makes you smile, without knowing you've been frowning.  She's an incredible choreographer, and she's going to change the world someday.  Watch and see.

Lydia  of Reflections of An Oriental Medicine Student.  Lydia start her journey when studying for her Oriental Medicine Degree, after graduating from Bowdoin College!  She's a formidable woman in every way you can imagine: strong, smart, funny, passionate, kind, loyal.  She sings, teaches music to children, and moved back home to take care of her mama when she became ill.  She's never let me down, not in all the years I've known her.

Nick of All the World's A Stage.  He goes by the moniker The Transformed Man.  Because he's an actor, and thats what we do isn't it?  Become someone new, someone different, someone totally unlike ourselves until they totally are ourselves.  Or maybe just reveal ourselves to us in a new way.  He should write more.  He's good.

Brit of Movement is Life. . . This Is My Movement.  Brit helped me through my first year of college.  She was my New Student Orientation Team Leader (a mouthful, I know).  And President of the first club I joined on campus.  And choreographer of some of my favorite pieces on stage.  She's currently filming a music video!

Letta of With Bells On My Feet and the Wind At My Back.  My best friend.  What else can I say?  Two words that mean the world.  Best.  Friend.  She's got her B.A. in Anthropology and studied in India for a semester.  She bellydance's and laughs louder than anyone I know.  If I had to use one word to describe her, I would use "color."

So please, please click around this page and get to know me and the people, places, and things that inspire me most. There are some beautiful things just a click away.

No comments:

Post a Comment